I started my childcare business in my home when my daughter was only three and my son was 7-years old. I am still sharing my business journey with my children today.
In fact, my daughter( now 18) works part-time at my Child Care Center with me and she gets to watch me in action every day in my role as a Business Woman.
She teaches in the classroom, helps with food service, housekeeping and even goes with me on my weekly business errands.
My son Don (23 years old), prefers to do maintenance work, he does not want to help with the children. He prefers to help keep up the outer appearance of the building including; washing the van, sweeping the parking lot or helping to wax floors when needed.
It is my goal to continue to show my children how to operate a business and my dream is that they would be successful business owners someday.
Do you have children? If so, I hope that you are planting seeds of entrepreneurship in your children at an early age by involving your children in your business endeavors.
5 Ways to Share Your Business Journey with your Children:
- Take your teenagers to networking events with you
- Place entrepreneur books and magazines where your children can see them
- Ask your children for their business advice
- Invite them to open your business mail or file in the office
- If you work online, invite your child to watch you work the internet!
To Your Success,